Our research aims to assess the change in the grade of responsiveness using the Hunt and Hess score as well as the modified ranking scale in patients suffering from anterior communicating artery rupture. We retrospectively analyzed data from 11-patients who suffered from an anterior communicating artery aneurysm rupture that caused a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Severity was assessed using the Hunt and Hess scale grade and modified ranking scale. Anterior communicating artery rupture caused a subarachnoid hemorrhage in 40.81% of all aneurysm ruptures that took place at the Circle of Willis. Unfortunately, 4-patients deceased (3.4%) at a median age of 52-years (range 34-75-years), three of which deceased after coiling and one after clipping. In 71-patients (61.2%) endovascular coiling was performed - 33-males and 38-females - and in the remaining 45-cases, (38.8%) clipping was indicated - 24-males and 21-females. Overall, the pre-interventional median Hunt and Hess scale was 2, which remained after the intervention. When relating the outcome score to the intervention performed, we found that the Hunt and Hess scale score was 3 before coiling and 2 before clipping, whereas afterward, there was a slight increase to 2 and 2, respectively. The modified ranking scale was 2 after clipping, respectively, coiling (P = 0.218). No significant differences were observed between the different groups. Our results show that clipping is as effective as coiling in terms of the Hunt and Hess scale and the rate of mortality in the short-term.